Swimsuits have become quite popular – whether you stay in the distinguished Savoy Palace in Madeira or a small hotel in Blackpool, you’ll find everyone wearing swimsuits these days. Now, most women love wearing one-piece swimsuits compared to the usual bikinis. As a result, there is a huge debate on whether to choose a swimsuit or bikini. Well, here is what you need to know about both options and how to choose the right one when the time comes.
Pros of Swimsuits
As mentioned, there are many women, even those who are bikini die-hards who have switched to one-piece swimsuits. Well, that’s because there are many choices when it comes to colours, styles, prints and many more. Of course, there are many reasons to choose a swimsuit over a bikini. Here’s what you need to know.
- Are you planning on playing volleyball, swimming or jet-skiing? Well, a swimsuit is a great choice. That’s because you don’t want anything popping out when you are doing a strenuous activity. Even better, you don’t need to keep adjusting the swimsuit when you move because it will be a huge distraction.
- If you are going on holiday with smaller children, you should choose a swimming costume since you will be carrying the small children around, playing in the beach and running around. Even better, you can sit on the sun lounger a little longer.
- Are you feeling a little self-conscious of your body? A swimsuit is a great choice because you can hide away any part of your body where you feel self-conscious. You can enjoy your swimming without any worries about being ridiculed by other people on the beach.
Well, besides all the practical reasons mentioned above, a swimsuit is also a great choice if you want to pull off an ultra-chic and sophisticated look. It will not look frumpy and you can choose a fashionable style when you are stepping out to the beach club or bar.
Pros of Bikinis
Even with a lot competition from the swimsuit, the bikini is still very popular. Here are some of the pros of wearing a bikini over a swimsuit.
- It can be very liberating going on holiday showing off your body parts that you had tucked in for the better part of the year. If you have a great summer body, don’t hide it away. Rather, you can use a bikini to show it off effortlessly.
- You can also increase your tanning potential with a bikini. Always indulge in safe and sensible tanning. You can leave out your tummy in the sun to bring out that healthy glow and feel amazing.
- With a bikini, you will dry up faster once you go for a dip into the sea or pool.
- They are also a practical choice since there are many styles for the tops and bottoms. You can mix and match as you wish to pull off a great look.
- Are you looking for some extra support, boost or shaping? Well, a bikini top is the best choice.
- The bottoms also come in many styles such as roll tops, adjustable tie-sided bottoms and belted bikini bottoms for the best look.
Most people believe that a certain age, you should cross over to the swimsuit one-piece rather than wearing a bikini. You have the right to wear anything you feel comfortable in. Feel free to rock that bikini and show off your amazing body when summer comes around without fear of what people will think.
Are you considering what to wear between a bikini and a swimsuit? If you feel that you look great in a one-piece, then go ahead and wear it. There is no need to choose the best among the 2 options. Even better, you can wear a one-piece one day and a bikini the next day. Go wild without any worries!
However, as mentioned above, the one-piece or bikini will serve different purposes depending on your plans, mood or your outfit. Don’t worry about what other people think as long as you look good. Remember, you need to choose the right swimwear depending on the shape and size of your body. However, as mentioned, you can choose anything you feel comfortable in without any worries.